7.08.2010

Home Residency: Day 3

Yesterday I made some progress on the new piece. I think it's trying to figure itself out and I am not sure that I am helping very much. Can't wait to see what happens with it today. Here are some images:

9:30 am
11:30 am

1:00 pm

3:00 pm

5:00 pm

7:00 pm


Right now my gut says I have too many colors going on. I would like a more natural feel. I want it to feel sort of organic, almost like it could be alive. Today I am going to take out some of the small blue and gold dots, and carve down through to the map paper underneath in a few more places. I think it also needs some line work, so I might play around the inscribing some straight lines and filling them with color. I've done that a little with the blue circles and I like how delicate it feels. I am also considering getting rid of those red spots layered underneath. So much to learn!

No comments: